2017 EVENTS ON (& AROUND) THE TABLELANDS:
As dates for further events are announced, our page will be updated.
- 1-2 April: BMX National Series
- 21-23 April: Undara Outback Rock & Blues Festival
- 22-23 April: Yungaburra Triathlon
- 29-30 April: Mt. Garnet Races
- 13-14 May: Pioneer Weekend, Herberton
- 24 June: Cairns to Karumba Charity Bike Ride, Atherton Stage
- 7-9 July: Malanda Show
- 10-11 July: Atherton Show
- 15-16 July: Mareeba Rodeo
- 5 September: AUDAX Bike Ride
- 5-10 September: UCI MTB World Championships
- 16-23 September: CROC Trophy (dates for Atherton stage to be advised)
- 30 September - 1 October: Bike Fest
- 15 October: Taste of the Tablelands
- 27-29 October: Tablelands Folk Festival, Yungaburra
MARKETS ARE ALWAYS A FAVOURITE:
- Atherton: 1st Saturday of the month
- Tolga: 1st Sunday of the month
- Mareeba: 2nd Saturday of the month
- Malanda: 3rd Saturday of the month
- Yungaburra: 4th Saturday of the month
Here are some ideas of Things To Do on the Atherton Tablelands to get you started:
- Walking & Hiking Trails - For the bushwalkers, the park has its own link track to Yabi (formerly Merry Widow) and Baldy mountain summits with spectacular views of the Tablelands.
- Markets - every weekend there's a market in a different local town, all showcasing local crafts and produce
- Food Tasting Trails & Tours - showcasing a wide range of produce including coffee & tea, boutique cheeses, chocolate, fruit liquers and more....
- Local Craft - including art & woodworks, gemstones & Crystal Caves, unique local handmade designs
- Crater Lakes - Lake Barrine & Lake Eacham, enjoy perfect scones at the Teahouse or take a Boat Cruise
- Rainforest - World Heritage Listed Wet Tropical Rainforests to walk, swim, spot wildlife & birds
- National Parks - including Wongabel State Forest, Mt. Hypipamee National Park, The Crater, or enjoy the majesty of the Curtain Fig Tree and
Cathedral Fig Tree
- Waterfalls - Malanda, Dinner, Millstream and the circuit including Millaa Millaa, Zillie, & Elinja Falls
- Lake Tinaroo - waterskiing, fishing, bird watching, canoeing, boat charters & sunset cruises
- Wildlife Spotting - on your own or with a day or night tour
- Birdwatching - bird trails, night spotting, bird-hides
- Platypus spotting
- Self-drive to local villages with a range of interesting heritagages including timber, dairy, gold & mining, museums, & antiques
- Mountain Biking - from picturesque rides to suit the kids to world class trails to explore, including Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park suitable for international competitions - we have it all!
ENJOY A “PADDOCK TO PLATE COOKING SCHOOL” EXPERIENCE:
Rainforest Bounty invites you to share in a celebration of native ingredients, international flavours and local produce.
They are currently offering a "Sunday Lunch Series":
30th July: Malaysian
20th August: Chinese
17th September: Vietnamese
29th October: Middle Eastern
26th November: French
10th December: South American
3 courses is $55.00 per head (BYO alcohol)
Further information and bookings can be made via the website www.rainforestbounty.com.au or
The address is: 66 Lindsay Road, Malanda QLD 4885
RELAX WITH A MASSAGE:
Christie Tonks is a remedial therapist working from her clinic at 25 Pink Street, Atherton. Christie is highly trained in many remedial bodywork techniques that will assist with getting you moving and pain free. She has been practicing remedial massage since 1997 and Bowen Therapy since 2007.
Her commitment to keeping her skills up to date are reflected in her practice.
You don't have to be in pain or have an injury to have an appointment with Christie. Should you just feel that you are in need of some muscle tension release and relaxation you can make an appointment.
Christie is registered with all major health funds so if you have the appropriate cover you should be able to claim some of the cost of your treatment back. To find out more visit the website at www.onthetabletherapies.com or telephone 0459547681.